Version 5 of Samsung Internet introduced an in-built QR code scanner. To use it:
- Tap the settings button (to the right of the address bar) and select ‘Extensions’.
- If ‘QR code reader’ is not already enabled, tap on it to switch it on.
- The QR code scanner will now be available via the menu. Tap the settings button and select ‘Scan QR code’.
- Position the QR code you wish to scan within the square displayed on your screen to scan it. It will be detected automatically.
- For QR codes that contain a URL, the URL will open up directly in the browser.
- For QR codes containing text, the text will be displayed on a ‘Scan result’ page. You can double-tap or press-and-hold to copy and paste it somewhere.
- The scanner also works with barcodes. It will automatically search for the barcode number in your default search engine.